Do you need to provide your users with a form designer to create or customize data input forms? FormPlus is the most cost effective way of incorporating a form designer and a data input engine into your application. The product comes with the complete source code compatible with Microsoft and Borland 'C' compilers.
FormPlus consists of two components. The first component is the form editor. The form editor allows you to design data input forms. The second component is the form executer. The form executer allows your users to enter data into the forms to add records or modify data in your database.
FormPlus provides a comprehensive set of features. The basic features of the product allow even a novice user to become productive quickly. Your users will find this product very intuitive and user friendly. The advanced features of FormPlus can be used to generate sophisticated data input forms.
Main Features :
- Layout: The graphic form editor features line/box drawing, colors/shades, fonts, drag/drop, object arrangement tools, resizable picture bitmaps, picture type field, and true wysiwyg.
- Fields: The form editor supports text, numeric, float, radio button, checkbox, push-button and date type fields. The FormPlus fields can come from one of the following sources:
- Data Field: A field that is associated with a data record. The data field types include integer, float, text, word-wrapped text, date, radio button, checkbox, and dynamic picture fields.
- System Field: Page number, current date, time, etc.
- Character Formatting Options: The form editor allows bold, underline, and italic formats for the text and data fields. You can use multiple fonts and point sizes to format the text and field.
- Embedded Pictures: The windows version of FormPlus also allows you to import a picture bitmap from a disk file or from the clipboard. The picture can be embedded anywhere in the form.
- Printing: The form can be printed during design time or data input time. A print preview feature is also available.
Interface with Your Application:
Form Editor: Your application calls the form editor with the name of the form to be edited. Your application also supplies a routine that allows the user to select the data fields.
When the user wishes to insert a data field into the form, the form editor fires an event into your application. Your application is then responsible for showing the name of the data fields that are available to the user. When the user selects a data field, your application returns certain basic information about that field, such as field name, field type, field width, etc. The form editor stores the field information together with the layout information to a form definition file.
Form Executer: Your application calls the form executer with the name of the form to be used for data input. The form executer displays the form to the user for data input. The user uses various custom push buttons to interact with your application.
When the user clicks a push button to initiate an interaction with your application, your application receives an event which indicates the action requested by the user. For example, your application will receive an event (or a callback) when the user enters the data into the form and clicks on the ‘Add Record’ push button. Within this event handler, your application can retrieve the data entered by the user. Your application can then validate the data and inform the user of any invalid entry. Finally, your application can save the data into your database.
Requirements: The total memory requirement for all FormPlus modules is approximately 400 K bytes.
The product includes a DLL and and OCX. It also includes the interface units for Delphi.